You win some, you lose some. Did your tax forms turn out less favorably this year? If you’re looking at paying the government back rather than getting a refund, you’ll be needing some extra cash to hand over to The Man. Where can you come up with that kind of quick money? Rather than digging into your savings or playing guitar on a street corner, start digging through your jewelry box for unwanted gold. Come visit us at Valley Goldmine Dallas and we’ll give you the best prices in town. Sell gold in Dallas and don’t let those W-2 blues get you down this tax season!
Another epic day of corned beef and shamrocks will be upon us this weekend! Every year on March 17, spirited revelers don their green outfits and head to local pubs to commemorate this annual party day. It is a day rich with random tradition, which leads you to wonder — how much of it is fact, and how much is fiction? Like any folklore, the lines are blurred in most cases.
For an Irish holiday, many of the modern traditions associated with the holiday are debatably more American than Irish. St. Patrick’s Day originally began in Ireland, but the day included mass and a feast — largely different from today’s holiday of partying and drunken revelry. March 17 is the anniversary of the death of St. Patrick, a British man credited with converting Ireland to Christianity. Stories about St. Patrick include tales of raising people from the dead and driving all the snakes out of Ireland. Today, most people agree that the snake story is symbolic of his missionary efforts in driving paganism from The Emerald Isle.
And the shamrocks? Well, there might be more historic truth behind that tradition. The story goes that St. Patrick used the three-leafed plant to teach his followers about the nature of the Holy Trinity. And wearing green clothing? Folklore says that green makes you invisible to leprechauns and fairies, thus avoiding their pinches. Other sources say the tradition started in America, either to commemorate the beginning of spring or pay homage to the green hills of Ireland. Turns out the Irish actually consider green to be bad luck — it was the color of their flag before the country was free.
Whether you decide to believe in leprechauns or stick with historical fact, St. Patrick’s Day is still a fun holiday to celebrate however you choose. But if you do come across a leprechaun’s stash and need to sell gold in Dallas, add a visit to Valley Goldmine to your list of St. Patty’s Day activities!
Every year in the middle of March we get a week off from work/school to let our hair down and have some fun; we call this joyous week Spring Break.
While Spring Break may be a time for college students to attend a seven day never ending party, most adults see it as a time to catch up on much needed rest and relax from the stress of everyday life. If you’re ready to break free from your cubicle and mundane routines, here are 3 ways you can escape your busy world and relax this Spring Break:
- The Power of A Massage- If you’ve never had a massage then you’ve definitely been missing out. It’s hard to describe just how much of an effect a good massage can have on your entire state of mind, but we’ll take a stab at it anyways… A massage feels like sitting on a cloud, on top of a Tempur Pedic mattress, with an angel playing a harp, in 80 degree weather and a slight breeze, while your celebrity crush proposes to you with Enya playing in the background. It’s really a moving experience. For 60 minutes nothing else matters.
- Get Serious About Sleep- Sleep debt is no bueno, and if you owe your body some serious hours of sleep, then you’ll have to get serious about paying it back. I’m not talking about turning off your alarm or increasing your snooze intervals… I’m talking about blacking out the windows, disconnecting any and all electronics, and pouring yourself a nice glass of Sleepytime Tea. Make sure that the temperature of the room is optimal and then let go of your thoughts as you drift into deep sleep.
- Visit Mother Nature- Whether you’re a huge fan of the beach, love hiking, or both, why not take your week off to get in touch with the outdoors and remind yourself of the natural beauty that surrounds us? Lay out in the sand for a few hours, or go for a hike and relax while you overlook some lush green landscape. Both may leave you feeling calm and renewed.
The last thing that you want to do while you are enjoying your week free of duties, is worry about money or bills. If you are in need of a little extra spending cash so that you don’t have to stress over finances then you can always sell some of your old things. Hold a garage sale, put some things on Craigslist, or even sell gold jewelry. The price of gold is extremely high right now, so if you have old jewelry laying around that you don’t want anymore stop by Valley Goldmine Dallas and see how much it is worth. We pay top dollar for gold, silver, and platinum.
Reaching the point in a relationship where you’re ready to propose is a very exciting time in life. You’re days will undoubtedly be spent dreaming of the future with your significant other and planning the perfect way to pop the big question. Some prefer quiet, more intimate proposals, while others learn towards large crowds and big gestures.
Unfortunately, both parties aren’t always on the same page when it comes to marriage, and on certain occasions a proposal will fail. So what’s a guy to do when his intended fiance leaves him stranded on one knee? Aside from the emotional damage that comes with finding out that the person you love doesn’t want to marry you, there is also a financial aspect to digest. Planning an exit strategy may not be the most positive way to ask for a hand in marriage, but it could serve as a great insurance policy.
Here are 3 things that you can do to recover financially and emotionally from a failed proposal:
- Return That Ring- Getting angry at the ring and blaming it for the failed proposal won’t make things better. What you should consider doing, however, is returning the ring. Every store has a slightly different return policy, and if you hurry you may be able to get all your money back. If your return period has expired you may want to consider consulting a reputable gold buyer. With you licensed metal buyer you’ll have a lot better chance at getting most of your money back as opposed to trying to sell your ring second-hand. Jewelry buyers can show you the current value of gold, silver, and platinum and tell you what they are willing to pay for the piece.
- Go on a Trip- The last thing you need after hearing your heart-throb say no to your proposal, is to be surrounded by the constant reminder of them. Get rid of all pictures, emails, and anything else that you may have around your house that reminds you of them, then go on a vacation. You need some time to clear your head and focus on something other than the moment that left you feeling crushed. It’s a good idea to bring a good friend along with you who can help keep you distracted from the recent events. Use your trip to remember that life is great, and that you should never let a person make you feel bad.
- Get Back Out There- Of course the reasonable amount of time for grieving differs from person to person, but at one point or another you’ll need to get back out there and start dating again. You should feel fine about wanting to take things slow, there’s no rush to find that special person. When you do, chances are that everything else will fall into place.
As the French say, “Laissez les bons temps rouler!” Or in other words, let the good times roll! And in the case of Mardi Gras, let them roll in purple, green and, our personal favorite, gold!
What started as a French holiday in medieval Europe made its way to the United States via French explorers around the year 1700. In translation, Mardi Gras means “Fat Tuesday,” which is another name for the day before Ash Wednesday. It falls 47 days before Easter and marks the last day before the beginning of Lent.
Tradition has it that Mardi Gras is the last chance to get all the partying and revelry out of your system before giving it up for Lent.
And like most major holidays, with Mardi Gras, tradition is key — and these traditional celebrations run deep in New Orleans, the U.S. hub of Fat Tuesday activity. From pancakes to parades to masquerade balls, this is one holiday that people can count on to continually deliver the same elements they loved to experience as children.
With the aforementioned traditional colors of purple, green and gold, it’s the perfect time to don every last piece of gold jewelry you’ve got in the house. (And when you’re done with it, we can think of some great gold buyers in Dallas who will take it off your hands.)
Running out of fingers on your lady’s hand to bedazzle with golden rings? Skip the jewelry this year, but don’t skip the gold. Edible gold can add the perfect amount of luxury to your Valentine’s Day dinner or dessert.
From champagne to candy to cakes, gold leafing and powdered gold are growing in popularity among people who prefer something a little fancier than the norm. Also known as vark, gold leafing is a popular garnish in countries such as India. Powdered gold can even be added via a salt shaker type of dispenser, making it an unexpected “seasoning” to have on the table.
Because the amount of gold used is minuscule, no need to worry about it presenting a threat when ingested. It might not be enough gold to be toxic, but it is plenty enough to add a dazzling sheen to your Valentine’s Day dining.
With this much thoughtfulness and attention to detail, your valentine may even allow you to pay yourself back by selling some of her old gold jewelry to Valley Goldmine Dallas… hey, it’s worth a shot!
Is the price tag on a Super Bowl ring as flashy as the glory of the victory? If you can put a monetary value on the experience, the answer is likely yes. With dollar signs upwards of $50,000 these little gems pack more than just the pride of an NFL championship.
The first rings debuted with the first Super Bowl in 1967. Going home on the fingers of the Green Bay Packers, this first set of rings contained one diamond and approximately 0.46 oz of gold. Total worth at the time? $20,419. As of 2005, the rings contained 5 times more gold and more than 100 diamonds, earning a price tag of $33,379.
The rings are highly personalized to the year and team, typically including a player’s name and number as well as the Super Bowl number and team name. Because all the rings are different, the value of the rings can vary widely depending on the player, team and year. Those original 1967 rings that rang in at just over $20,000? Today, they consistently fetch more than $50,000 at auctions.
It looks like even if you can put a price tag on the raw materials, you can’t predict nostalgia as easily.
Valentine’s Day is only a few weeks away, but if you haven’t started planning, don’t worry because there is still time to get the perfect gift. When you’re planning a gift for your significant other you want to give them something that stands out and shows that you’ve put a lot of thought into their gift. Heart shaped boxes of chocolate, and white stuffed bears are great, but if that’s the route you go make sure you have something else that is a little more personal to add to it.
If you’re having a hard time brainstorming gifts, then here are 3 unique gift ideas for you to consider this Valentines Day:
- Be The Chef- Instead of taking your date out to a fancy restaurant why not “wow” them with a romantic dinner for two from your very home. Not only will they love the gesture of you making them dinner, but you’ll also be able to talk and enjoy each others company in a more intimate setting. Just make sure that you pick a meal that you either have cooked before and feel confident making, or one that has a lower level of difficulty.
- Special Tickets- On a day like Valentines Day, ordinary movie tickets just won’t do… Find tickets for a favorite play, sporting event, or live performance and take your loved one to that. A special occasion calls for a special event.
- Something To Work on Together- The idea behind this gift, is that you give your significant other something that you have started and that you can work on completing together. It can be something that you can finish quickly, like a personalized puzzle made from a photograph of the two of you. Or you can choose something like a scrap book or photo album that you can complete over several months or even years.
The most important thing to remember when choosing/making a gift is that it should come from the heart. You’re the one who cares about this person enough to be with them, and your gift should reflect that. With a little planning and personalization you can have a gift that will be remembered for years to come.
A Little Extra Spending Cash
If you’re a little short on cash this year, but still want to get the perfect gift, then Valley Goldmine Dallas can help. We are licensed metal buyers and we will pay cash for your gold, silver, and platinum jewelry that you don’t want anymore. You may be surprised just how much your gold may be worth. For a free consultation to see how much cash you can get for your gold jewelry, call (972) 905-3832 today!
Whatever you plan to celebrate this year, why do it the same old way with just cake and balloons? If you really want a unique and exciting celebration, host a gold party!
A gold party is exactly what it sounds like — a party where the guests bring the gold! Think your friends might have some odds and ends to clean out of their jewelry boxes? They can bring their treasures directly to your party and have it all weighed and tested by professionals with industry-leading equipment. They can then sell their gold for the same prices that Valley Goldmine Dallas pays for in-office visits.
With a gold party, everyone is a winner. Your guests leave with money and a less-cluttered jewelry box, and you gain a reputation as an enviable party host or hostess. Oh, not to mention that you get 10% of the dollar amount of any jewelry purchased at your party. Also, Valley Goldmine Dallas will provide all the invitations, as well as cash prizes to keep your guests entertained. Really, you can’t lose!
Sold on the gold party idea? Contact us today to take part in the hippest way to buy and sell gold in Dallas. Visit us online or call 972-905-3832 today to schedule your very own gold party.
Did you get a few trinkets for Christmas that don’t exactly fit your style? If you’re positive you’re never going to wear that large gold broach or outdated pair of earrings, why not sell them and use the money to purchase what you really want?
If you’re confident that your Great Aunt Mertyl won’t find out, then selling the unwanted jewelry might be the best use for her well-intentioned but misguided Christmas gift. Even if it wasn’t this Christmas, maybe you’ve been holding on to some unwanted jewelry for a decade or two and you’re finally ready to part ways.
Whatever the case, if you want to get the best prices when you clean out your jewelry box, Valley Goldmine offers the best professional gold buyers in Dallas. Our licensed precious metal experts will give you an accurate and honest assessment of the worth of your jewelry.
And who knows, you might get enough cash to purchase that new iPod you really wanted all along.